Website The Daily Iberian
The Daily Iberian an AWARD-WINNING NEWSPAPER is searching for a REPORTER
We are looking for an energetic reporter who is willing to search out breaking news for education, arts and government reporting.
The ideal candidate must have strong writing skills, be able to take photos and video and have social media skills. This is an incredible opportunity for early-career reporters.
New Iberia is a wonderful place for anyone who loves a rich sense of community, family and fun. You will have the opportunity to live where many come for the food and scenery.
• Find stories as they emerge, and help readers understand why the news matters to them.
• Write engaging, original and thoroughly reported stories that not only break news, but demonstrate critical thinking about the topic.
• Develop a wide range of sources, and work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Understand basic online content management systems and be adept at social media.
• BA, preferably in journalism
• Prior experience reporting at another paper, magazine, or student paper
• Strong writing skills • Candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
• Be willing to bring story ideas to the table and be able to prioritize their importance
• Experience with social media and willingness to try new things
About The Daily Iberian:
The Daily Iberian is owned by Wick Communications, a family-owned community media company with newspapers, websites, magazines and specialty publications in 11 states. The home office is in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and Wick publishes newspapers in Arizona, Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota and Washington.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate for this position, along with a resume and four writing samples to Ken Harty at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Kenh@daily-iberian.com